Shimoda Designs Explore 40 Backpack (Sea Pine)
Shimoda Explore 40 Backpack - Sea Pine (520-002)
The Explore 40 is the new standard in adventure photography daypacks. We have created a pack to simplify your shooting experience while minimizing physical fatigue. It’s intuitive design makes sure camera gear and other essentials like food, water and a mobile phone are always within immediate reach.
Our modular Core Unit camera inserts let you customize your shooting experience — not only to your gear requirements, but also to the terrain ahead of you. Whether you’re camping out waiting for an epic moment or scrambling up rocky ascents, the Shimoda system allows you to choose the most efficient camera access for the situation – even on the fly.
The adjustable harness with its bear hug-like fit makes sure the pack’s weight doesn’t put pressure on your shoulders and is instead distributed to your hips and front torso. Additionally, the rear panel lets air flow between your back and the pack.
All of our features are built with materials and construction techniques we developed to best meet the needs of hardcore adventurers and the unpredictable environments they visit. The Carbonate Ether coated shell features a unique double-sided resin application process that provides exceptional water resistance from both exterior water pressure and interior condensation build-up. Because of this we are able to use much lighter core materials for both the exterior shell and interior lining.
The new Explore 40 is a lightweight, durable, adventure-driven camera bag ready for your next trek.
- Multiple Access Points - The Shimoda Explore 40 backpack offers rear and side access options. The side opening is ideal for quick, under-the-arm access without completely removing the pack, and the rear opening allows wide, unobstructed access to the bulk of your gear for less time-sensitive shooting situations.
- Adjustable Torso Height - The Explore 40 has 4 height options with approximately 10 cm (4 in) of vertical adjustment. This means the same backpack can fit short or tall — male or female — torso heights, ensuring a custom fit for everyone.
- Core Unit Modular Camera Insert System - Core Units are simple, smart and multifunctional. A user can increase their layout options with two or more Core Units by stacking and shifting how they are placed in the pack.
- Convertible, Multi-Use Pouch - A removable pouch in the side panel pocket secures a tripod to the side of the pack, or it can be mounted to the shoulder harness (with included Accessory Straps) to act as a drop-in holster for cameras as large as a non-gripped DSLR body and lenses as long as 70-200mm 2.8.
- Hydration Bladder Sleeve and Routing - The front panel also features a sub-pocket and hanger loop designed to fit a hydration bladder up to 3L. It has dedicated routing to run the hose through the exterior rear panel and onto the shoulder straps.
|Weight:||2.9lb / 1.3kg|
|Outside Dimensions (in):||11.4W x 22.4H x 10.2D in|
|Outside Dimensions (cm):||29W x 57H x 26D cm|
|Inside Dimensions (in):||11.4W x 17.3H x 6.7D in|
|Inside Dimensions (cm):||29W x 44H x 17D cm|
|Laptop Compartment (in):||9.8W x 14.2H x 0.6D in|
|Laptop Compartment (cm):||25W x 36H x 1.5D cm|
|Laptop/Tablet:||Fits a laptop up to 13 inches|
- Shimoda Designs Explore 40 Backpack (Sea Pine)
- Accessory Straps
- Multi-Use Pouch
- Limited 5-Year Warranty