Sekonic LiteMaster Pro L-478DR-U Light Meter for PocketWizard System - Demo
Sekonic L-478DR-U LiteMaster Pro (for PocketWizard)
Sekonic's LITEMASTER PRO L-478-Series meters are the world's first touch-screen-operated light meters. They have an array of unique, must-have features for both still and motion story tellers. Their compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. A large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
he L-478 meters can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
Keeping pace with wireless advancements, the L-478DR comes complete with exclusive PocketWizard ControlTL technology which combines light measurement and flash power control providing amazing control in your hand.
The L-478DR-U has a radio module and antenna built into the meter. These cannot be changed after purchase. For example, the radio frequency is either FCC & IC (344MHz) or CE (433MHz).
The L-478 series offer the following languages in the interface: Japanese, English and Chinese. Depending on the country where the meter is purchased, the language is fixed and cannot be changed by the user.
Please be sure to check the radio frequency and language before purchase.
For Still Photographers
- Full featured Ambient-Flash modes including new T-F mode. Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera (requires separate Sekonic or X-rite exposure targets and 5-degree finder for L-478). Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras. Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications. Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
- PocketWizard triggering and Flash Power Setting w/ControlTL radios. Control Nikon, Canon and select studio flashes with a touch of a finger.
L-478DR-U LiteMaster Pro (for PocketWizard) - Technical Specifications
|Type:||Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light|
|Receptor Head:||Rotating Domed Head 90° to the right, 180° to the left, Retractable for Contrast Reading|
|Light Receiving Method:||Incident light and reflected light|
|Receptor Incident Light:||Dome retracts for contrast readings|
|Receptor Reflected Light:||5° Viewfinder (Separate Accessory)|
|Light Receptor Element:||2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)|
Measuring Range and Modes
|Measuring Modes Ambient Light:||- TF Priority
- HD Cine - Shutter priority metering, FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Lux/FC
- Cine - FPS (Frame Rate Priority) metering, Shutter Angle setting, Lux/FC
- Simple brightness measurement (foot-lambert, cd/m2
- Simple illumination measurement (lux, foot-candle)
- Aperture priority metering
- EV metering
- Shutter priority metering
|Measuring Modes Flash:||- Measurement using the included wireless flash radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
|Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light:||- Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
- Reflected light EV3 to EV 19.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
|Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash:||- Incident Light f/1.0 to f/128.9
- Reflected Light f/2.8 to f/128.9 (requires accessory sold separately)
|Measuring Range Illuminance:||0.63 to 2000000lux - 0.10 to 180000FC|
|Measuring Range Brightness:||1 to 980000 cd/m2 - 0.29 to 290000 foot lamberts|
Display Range and Modes
|Display Range Film Speed:||ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)|
|Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient:||30 min to 1/64,000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/200, 1/400|
|Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash:||30 min to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400|
|Display Range Aperture:||f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)|
|Battery(Power):||(2) Type AAA 1.5V Battery Alkaline, Manganese, Lithium, NiCad, NiMH, nickel types|
|Radio Triggering System:||PocketWizard|
|Triggering Range:||Up to 100 feet, Transmitter-Receiver|
|Channels/Groups||Standard: 32 Channels / 4 Zones
ControlTL 20 Channels / 3 Zones
- Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478DR-U Light Meter
- Soft Case
- 3-Year Limited Warranty